Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Faith and Uncertainties

I feel like I have been put through the ringer this week. First, on Monday the US DOS issued a warning concerning Vietnam adoptions. The warning primarily pertains to families looking to start a Vietnam adoption now. It is an uncertain time. The adoption agreement between the US and Vietnam expires September 1 of this year. The two countries must either sign to extend the current agreement or draw up a new one.

No one can be sure at this point what will happen or how long it will take. I will confess that I was a little short on faith this week. I finally felt like we were really getting close. This just seemed like a punch in the stomach. I gave in and called our adoption coordinator. She reassured me. She really believes that we will have our referral before the expiration. She also believes that Vietnam will continue to work with in-process cases even if the agreement is allowed to expire. This was comforting to hear even though I know there are no guarantees. So, all we can do is pray and have faith that our baby will come to us when the timing is right.

Well... I guess I can pray and knit! Knitting is still a comfort to me. I am still selling a lot of them but not as many as December. I don't think I could keep up that pace. Peas & Carrots are a couple I did last week. I'm knitting more for our baby now. I want to make sure he has lots of light weight hats to cover his little head when we are in Vietnam.

I guess that's all for now. I need to get to work on my Pho post ; ) A.

2 comments:

abc123vn said...

I so hope that you are able to beat the deadline and move on!

Jeanne said...

Praying for you that things move along speedy quick! How was the pho? I'm gonna have to google that!